"Eat Fresh, Live Green" is our way of letting you know we are committed to making a positive impact in all that we do.
The SUBWAY® system is committed to providing a variety of great tasting food choices while reducing our environmental footprint and creating a positive influence in the communities we serve around the world.
We are on a journey. Our vision is to make our stores and operations as environmentally and socially responsible as possible. Every day, we strive to conduct business in a way that has a positive impact on the environment while improving the lives of our customers, franchisees, employees, vendors and communities worldwide. We believe that using good, environmentally sound business practices help increase our franchisees' profitability, improve our customers' dining experience as well as help protect the planet. We are committed to:
- Continue to evolve our menu of great tasting options as well as provide access to nutrition and healthier lifestyle information
- Ensure our food meets the highest quality and safety standards
- Find sustainable and cost effective solutions that serve the business needs of our franchisees
- Focus our sustainability initiatives on energy efficiency, water & resource conservation, waste reduction, sustainable sourcing and supply chain management
- Encourage our franchisees to contribute to their communities, promote diversity and choose
"environmentally friendly" options and business practices such as building Eco-Stores
- Work with the UK government on their Responsibility Deals to help improve the health and wellbeing of our nation
The SUBWAY® brand is committed to offering a full range of great tasting products for our customers around the world. Nutrition information is available on-line and in our stores so customers can make more informed meal choices. We are working continually to improve our menus and the nutritional benefit of our food.
- We offer a Low Fat range of Subs containing less than 3g of fat per 100g
- No added Trans Fats worldwide
- A range of tasty salad items can be added at no additional cost - helping you to get 1 of your 5 A Day
- We have reduced salt across our product range and are making further reductions
Food safety and food quality are of paramount importance to us. Our suppliers must follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and pass Good Manufacturing Practices audits for food safety. They must also adhere to our Gold Standard Food Safety and Quality Policy, to ensure only the best products available make their way to SUBWAY® stores.
Working with our franchisee owned, European Independent Purchasing Company (EIPC Ltd), the SUBWAY® brand is committed to pursuing sustainable initiatives that focus on energy efficiency, water and resource conservation, waste reduction and sustainable and ethical sourcing and supply chain management. We fully support principles of responsible farming, fishing and animal husbandry - for the long term sustainability of the earth's natural resources.
We continue to make strides in sustainable packaging, cleaning products and waste management as well as to look for more efficient equipment and operational practices. Thanks to the work of SUBWAY® franchisees and the IPCs, many eco-friendly solutions have become part of our standard specifications and every day we work on more.
All SUBWAY® stores are individually owned and operated by independent franchisees. Many SUBWAY® franchisees pride themselves on being active, caring members of their communities and encouraging diversity. Also, many choose "environmentally friendly" options and business practices such as conserving electricity and water and reducing waste through recycling and/or composting where facilities exist.
We are proud of what we have accomplished so far, but we know there is more to do.
Together we can make a difference.