Ever since 17-year-old Fred DeLuca made sandwiches for his first customers in a small storefront sandwich shop in 1965, it was clear that SUBWAY® stores would be a new kind of sandwich bar - a sandwich bar without a fryer and where sandwiches were not pre-made, but made to order.
The SUBWAY® brand is committed to:
• Improving the nutritional quality of our products
• Providing detailed nutrition, diet and healthy lifestyle information
What is the SUBWAY® Brand Doing Now?
We are a committed partner to the UK Government's Public Health Responsibility Deal and the only Quick Service Restaurant to have endorsed all of the relevant nutrition-related pledges:
1. Out of home calorie labelling
2. Salt reduction
3. Non use of artificial trans fats
4. Calorie reduction
5. Improved access to fruit and vegetables
6. Saturated fat reduction
7. Out of home salt reduction